We support the Paris Agreement & Australia’s commitment to it, including the objective to keep global warming to well below 2 degrees above pre-industrial levels.
Purpose and Vision
The Australian Climate Leaders Coalition (CLC) is a group of cross-sectoral Australian corporate CEOs supporting the Paris Agreement commitments and setting and implementing public decarbonisation targets. The CLC is action orientated and provides an open, confidential and authentic forum for CEOs to share the challenges of their decarbonisation journeys. It is inclusive and provides information and case studies for those CEOs not yet taking action and wanting to understand their options.
About us and Members
An initiative of the B-Team Australasia, the Australian CLC is a group of CEOs of leading Australian organisations including publicly listed, private and NGOs. A full list of members is provided below. This list includes the Chief Executives that have so far signed the original joint statement, which commits their organisations to take voluntary action on climate change.
By joining the CLC, members have made the following commitment:
For the viability of our businesses, for the generations after us and for the country we love, we are ambitious for action on climate change. If we act now, we can forge a path to create a future that is low-emissions, positive for our businesses and economy, and inclusive for all Australians. We are committed to playing our part to make that future real. If we don’t, our competitiveness is at risk.
We take climate change seriously in our business:
- We support the Paris Agreement and Australia’s commitment to it, including the objective to keep global warming to well below 2 degrees above pre-industrial levels;
- We measure the greenhouse gas emissions associated with our environmental footprint and, if not already done, within 12 months of joining will set public emissions targets;
- We work with our suppliers and customers to encourage them to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions;
- We believe that a responsible and equitable transition to a low emissions economy is an opportunity to improve Australia’s prosperity; and
- We report each year on our progress towards Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions reduction and are committed to implement credible transition plans.
The Coalition can only achieve what we do with the support of leadership of a few stand out organisations and individuals.
- From idea to outcomes, Deloitte co-founded the Climate Leaders Coalition and are a critical member. Deloitte contribute thought leadership through to foundational support and a strong voice for practical action.
- Climateworks Centre:
- Critical for pushing us and supporting us to achieve more, Climateworks Centre brings the expertise, guidance and ambition needed to key our eye on the prize of achieving rapid and sustainable climate action.
In 2023 we are also supported by Accounting for Nature, Accenture.
Team that makes the difference
Australian Red Cross
Bank of Queensland
Gert-Jan De Graaf
Mark Woodruff (interim)
Fortescue Metals Group
Harris Farm Markets
Laing O'Rourke Australia Group
Ramsay Health Care